On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, DG Raftery Sr. wrote...

> Have you investigated the contents of your The_Bat!'s account sent
> or outbox folders? When is the last time you run a complete virus
> test on your system? I would have to guess that your system in
> infected and yes ... reporting mail from "me" to "me" to Spamcop,
> with full RFC-822 headers will indeed blacklist your e-mail address
> and/or IP address (with most IP's being issued dynamically this
> could cause serious problems for another user who pulls that IP
> address when connecting his/her system to the Internet).

If it was a virus that sent the email, then looking in your sent items
isn't going to do anything... Take Klez for example, has it's own SMTP
server built in.  Plus TB! isn't affected by most of the viruses that
affect Outlook/Outlook Express.

As for submitting mail to spamcop addressed from you to you... it
doesn't always read the to/from addresses.  It does read the headers,
and if the headers point to your address, then yes, it'd be submitted
as spam, and you'd have ended up reporting yourself.  But spamcop
doesn't deal with viruses, and as far as I remember, has no plans to
do so either.

Or http://housecall.antivirus.com :)

--
Jonathan Angliss