Hello Joseph, on 11/Jul/2002 you wrote:

JN>    On Thursday, July 11, 2002, Julian Knight wrote in
JN> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

JK>> However, when my son grows up enough to need Internet access I will
JK>> probably pay for the Agnitum one.

JN> Why?

Because it gives me parental control, control over the appearance of
adverts, cookie use, email filtering, multi-user configuration (on one
PC), better leak protection & more.
The supposed benefits of the pro version are listed here:
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/benefitspro.html

The only reason I haven't switched to the free version is that it
crashed my XP based laptop after installation - however, Agnitum do
warn of this being a potential clash between the DLL's of competing
firewalls (I didn't want to uninstall KPF I just disabled it).

PS: Some last minute checking on the web turned up this interesting
article on leak testing: http://www.pcflank.com/art21.htm - it
contradicts what I had heard elsewhere about Agnitum Outpost being
better than KPF at leak tests though the other things still apply.

In reality, I wont allow my children to connect directly to the
Internet without supervision until I know they are old enough to deal
with the issues - the appalling stuff that turns up in innocent web
searches and delivered to my email continues to convince me of this.

Sorry again about the OT, I'll turn off my evangelist mode now!

(Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 )
--
Julian Knight,
|Home Page: http://www.knightnet.org.uk/                             |