On Wednesday, 10 July 2002, Lars Geiger wrote:

LG>>> These are files sent from a MacOS system.

SP>> No they are not. I can positively verify that the latest file I got
SP>> is from the user with Eudora 5.1 on Win NT.

LG> Perhaps someone else can come up with an explanation for this.

I've answered this question every time it comes up on the list.

The problem is ZoneAlarm Mailsafe receiving (possibly with The Bat!
only, I've never experimented with other mail clients) emails sent
from Eudora (both Mac and Windows versions).

If you look at the ZoneAlarm logs you'll see something like:

MS,2002/07/10,21:35:30 +10:00 GMT,thebat.exe,Renamed email attachment
0630CyclopropenesRet.zip"; x-mac-type="705A4950"; x-mac-creator="705A4950 to
0630CyclopropenesRet.zip; x-mac-type=705A4950; x-mac-creator=705A4950,N/A

(This particular log entry refers to a message that I know was sent
from Windows 2000, not Mac.)

I've emailed ZoneLabs a couple of times about this problem, but they
keep sending me the same stock email about how to turn Mailsafe on and
off.

And I know this list strongly recommends against ZoneAlarm, but I turn
my computer off each night, so reboot each day, and this is the only
problem I've ever had with ZA.

--
Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]