Hello Joseph,

Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 19:35 GMT -0500, was when inspiration
required Joseph N. [JN] to write:

JN> Then I periodically export that AB into vCard format, and from TB!
JN> import the vCard file into the TB! AB. [...]

Does Organizer support the LDIF file format?  If it does, then your
other problems may be minimized:

JN> Is it more of a pain than I would like? Yes.

You can import LDIF files directly into TB's address book via a
command-line option /Import.  Though the help file doesn't say it, you
use almost exactly the same options as /Export to do the address book
importing.

The advantage of this is, you can make a simple batch file to do the
synchronizing.  Once you have a batch file, you can use Windows
Scheduler or something to do the synch at whatever interval is
convenient.

JN> Lotus Org can have group lists which do not seem to come across as
JN> TB! groups,

Again, using undocumented flags for /Import, you can import directly
into the group of choice (see /Export for details).  Having said that,
I remember when I transferred from Netscape, I moved my AB through the
LDIF format and my groups were created in TB as well.  I'm wondering
if Lotus Org will work the same.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

There is no such place as the University of Wis-cosine, and if there
was, the motto of their mathematics department would not be  "Secant
ye shall find."