ON Saturday, September 28, 2002, 1:13:27 AM, you wrote:

JS> It amazes me why many don't understand the need for it.  If I
JS> had to guess, I'd have to say that many who don't see the need
JS> to edit the subject lines either don't carry on discussions or
JS> they simply do not use email for anything vital.

I just recieve about 3000 emails a day for my business. I just don't
have time to edit the things.

JS> I receive a good deal of email much of which covers the same
JS> topics yet have various subject lines.  More often than that, I
JS> get replies to messages from me about one topic but containing
JS> an entirely new topic.  With input from many different sources
JS> at different times, date and time is essential to keep the
JS> original flow of the topic.  Folders can only carry you so far.

I subscribe to 2 discussion list, this being one of them. If I need to
find anything a use the search tool. The discussions are not vital to
me, it is more entertainment ;-)

>>  As a last resort you could try export-edit-import.

JS> I have used this method in the past minus the import part as I
JS> was just archiving.  But good call just the same.

I have my moments :-)
 Gerard
Save Water - Take a bath with your neighbor's daughter

 Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3