On Saturday, September 28, 2002, 2:30:06 AM, Dierk Haasis wrote:

> As I wrote in another message that is plainly wrong.

No, you are mixing content and the object.

> Any written text belongs to its originator regardless of where the
> physical evidence is stored.

are you claiming you can come to my house, enter and take it back?

> You can, for instance, not publish a letter you received without the
> prior consent of the sender - as you cannot change the contents he
> made up.

Unless it is fair usage, perhaps. Changing the content is not the
reason I want to be able to edit e-mails, except when I am working
with someone else in a collaborative manner, which I often do in my
profession and on committees. I want to be able to combine received
content and my own thoughts or additions of information.

> You can annotate it, but only in a way which shows that the annotated
> text is not by you and has not been changed by anyone else but the
> author (except he ave you the rights to do so). And that is exactly
> what is achieved by TB!'s Memo feature.

No, the memo feature does not allow one to annotate. It allows one to
link some information in another window.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828