Hello Joseph,

JN>    On Thursday, October 03, 2002, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote in
JN> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

JN> JBG> Two things I would love to see in The Bat!:
JN> JBG> 1.  Indexed  searching.
JN> JBG> 2.  When  indexing  is  in place it shouldn't be too hard to include a
JN> JBG> virtual  folder  option.

JN> Jakob,

JN> Perhaps the issue is really whether TB! should embrace a
JN> development priority that the program should function as a
JN> good archive database. I'm not convinced yet that it should,
JN> but I'd like to hear what others think.

if the architecture for the user interface was database driven
then the user could choose whichever view of the data they want
via filtering and/or selecting sorting.     (As I am not
technical as to TB!'s back end, perhaps a Database is used, if I
am wrong in my assumption, please advise!)

it seems like mail applications could significantly benefit from
creative use of the front end and provide the best of both
worlds. In addition, indexed searching would be a logical
extension of that.

having yet another application to manage "archived" email is NOT
what i'm looking for. All the "Purists" that think this is for
mail and nothing else seem to have a narrow view of the
utilization of email in the corporate world and the requirement
to keep track of minutia in all the Hundreds of emails received by
employees daily. Regardless of what some people think, email is a
logical part of a PIM. I see that this program will evolve that
way anyhow.

just my .02

Laura

 alists                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]