On Saturday, October 05, 2002, Dierk Haasis wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

awc>>> Regardless of what some people think, email is a logical part of
awc>>> a PIM

JN>> I couldn't agree more!

DH> I am sure I do know only half of what you agree with, but

DH>      if from A follows B
DH> it doesn't mean

DH>      that from B follows A.

DH> Therefore e-mail may be a logical (even necessary) part of a PIM, but
DH> not the other way round.

Dierk,

Full PIM functionality is not necessary in a capable email package; I
agree with you on that. My only point was agreeing with the notion
that email would be a valuable complement to a full-featured PIM.
That's one reason why Outlook and Notes are so useful.

I'm going to explore switching from using both TB! and Lotus/IBM
Organizer, both of which I think are outstanding programs, to using
only AbacusLaw, a PIM that integrates The Bat! as the email client.
The issue will be whether I gain enough from having TB! integrated
into the full PIM to justify losing the power and
office-suite-integration features of Lotus/IBM Organizer.

--
JN