Hi Thomas,

On Friday, 4 October 2002, at 13:23:54 [GMT +0700] you wrote:

TF> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:58:29 -0400 GMT (04/10/02, 02:58 +0700 GMT),
TF> Paul Cartwright wrote:

PC>> wellllll, I have noticed a LOT more Porn and SPAM in my yahoo account
PC>> lately, it does seem to have escalated since I joined spamcop, BUT it
PC>> could just be the fact that my Yahoo account is ancient and I use it on
PC>> the web for STUFF...

TF> I do not confirm that the number of spam has increased since I report
TF> to SpamCop. I cannot confirm either that is has decreased though...

You will not notice a reduction in SPAM if you only report it to spamcop.

If you use their fixed priced _filtered_email_ service then you will get a
90%+ reduction in spam. The reporting sends LARTs, and populates the
blocking list, but won't go anyway to reduce the amount of SPAM you get.

BTW SpamCop has made my email useable again, it is an excellent service.

cheers,
davidp.
--
David Pascoe, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED], Western Australia