Hello Dierk,

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:57:51 +0200 GMT (05/10/02, 15:57 +0700 GMT),
Dierk Haasis wrote:

>> You will not notice a reduction in SPAM if you only report it to spamcop.

DH> I doubt that you will notice a reduction at all, not so much
DH> because I doubt SpamCop but because of the vast increase in junk
DH> mail

There are two factors here:

Using SpamCop should reduce the amount of spam, because they report to
the ISP. Responsible ISP's will close their open relays, or the
account in question, and irresposnsible ISP's will be blacklisted by
ORBL.

On the other hand, as you correctly pointed out, the amount of spam is
steadly increasing. Also, new ISP's come up all the time and may have
new open relays. So it's an uphill struggle.

But is is worth it. If we don't take action via SpamCop (or
otherwise), we will be flooded with spam until the prediction comes
true:

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM