Hello Gerard,

Wednesday, October 30, 2002, 1:59:55 AM, you wrote:

MB>> I did find one icon with a flying window on
MB>> it labeled TheBat.dbx out of pocket in the main Windows folder. 6
MB>> figures KB.  ...

G> Better not delete this file, it might or might not belong to The BAT!.

I didn't. Those flying windows are so mysterious to me. Douglas Hinds
told me they mean the file is dissociated from an application. I have
lots of ck files in the main Windows folder, too, where I told
Scandisk to keep a copy of "lost clusters" it found (in the past, not
related to current problem).

There's plenty of space left on this little HD (about 3.0 GB, 70% free).
I just leave everything.

G> Rule of thumb: If you're not 110% sure leave it alone.

Good advice. I needed the emphasis right now.  :)  Thanks a bunch.

 Mary