----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Palmreuther"
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Bounce Mail

> Hello Mean,
>
> On Wednesday, December 4, 2002 at 4:56:49 AM you [MD] wrote (at least
> in part):

First a small thanks for an exhaustive review of bouncing from a
postmaster's point of view.

> Definitely yes! RFCs not only recommend, but require postmaster@ being
> a active and read address per domain.

What about [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Also since I run my own SMTP server, none of my bounced mails are ever going
to reach my ISPs postmaster or MAILER-DAEMON email account. In that case
this should not bother tham should it.

> I'm sorry for being forced to disillusionate you, but this "faking
> bounces" ain't "fighting spam" even in the slightest way. It has
> nothing in common with any successful "spam fighting technology", the
> effect of bounces and faked bounces on amount of spam is near to zero,
> not measurable.
> If you want flexibility in fighting spam make use of RBLs and systems
> like SpamAssassin (like!!! there might be others that work in a
> similar fashion. I don't want to break it down on SA being "the
> one"!).

I couldn't agree more with you here. But where I stay, I am sorry to say the
spammers are not professional at all and bouncing messages works very well
for me. Its recently that I have become lazier and do not use mailwasher
that spam has started getting back to me. So what works for me is something
that I was looking ways to implement which started my query of whether it
was possible to do it using TB.

--
Mean.