Hallo Jim,

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:34:52 -0500GMT (8-2-03, 15:34 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

JK> I'm trying to send to a list of addressees. Something like addr1,
JK> addr2, addr3, etc. by using what I'm thinking are the converted
JK> groups from Eudora. When I enter the group name, all I see is the
JK> first address in the group list and not the entire list of
JK> addresses. Is this normal? When I view the RFC headers I only see
JK> the first email address in the list.

To decide whether we're talking about the same groups (since I don't
know Eudora), here's a snapshot from my Address Book:
http://www.krakeel.cistron.nl/ab-view.jpg
You get at the address book by pressing F8.
You're seeing a tree view on the left side panel, those are the
groups, on the right side you're seeing the addresses, by pressing on
one of the groups you can see what entries are included.

By selecting an AB-entry (on the left side) and viewing the properties
(Alt-Enter) you can see the groups it belongs to. See:
http://www.krakeel.cistron.nl/ab-entry.jpg
Here's an AB-entry that belongs to multiple groups, because in the
group field you're seeing: dcgg+cghbest+Familie+..... Those are the
groups this entry belongs to.
You can add the entry to more groups by pressing the '...' button left
to the group field.
The lowest field of the entry are the known addresses for this
contact, the address used for the contact (when selecting it from the
AB) is always the top address. The other addresses belong to this
contact, but are only used for filters using the AB or are used for
finding AB-templates when you add one of the alternate addresses
manually.

When you're addressing a whole group, just select the group in the AB
and press Ctrl-Enter. The separate entries are never shown, only
"groupname <list>", the stored message (after sending) will also show
only the group name, but the actually sent message will have all
recipients listed in the To-header.

This is a rather long story, but since I had the idea we were talking
on different wavelengths, I felt the need to spell it out.

--
Groetjes, Roelof