David R. Austen, [DRA] wrote:

DRA> CM asks those senders with a friendly message (that I myself have
DRA> written) to state their business. Less than 1% of spammers ever do.

I've been annoyed by this sort of system.

Rule #1 in spam fighting. Don't lose legitimate mail and don't get in
the way of those sending legitimate mail. Even though I understand why
I'm being asked to click a link or whatever, I still find it annoying.
:/

DRA> I longer have to be distracted by even looking at those spam subject
DRA> lines, let alone busy myself with the job of deleting.

How do you manage with mail from an automated system with no one at the
other end to respond to your validation request?

A good example of this is with an online purchase where an automated
message with registration stuff is sent to you?

To each his own, I guess, but I've always felt it best to use a spam
filter. If you wish to auto-delete most spam, use a less aggressive method in
the interest of preserving good messages, or filter spam as read to a
separate folder, then on occasion scan the folder for innocents.

--
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html