On Monday, September 8, 2003, 4:50:12 PM, Alexander wrote:

> If that is so then what, in the name of everything that doesn't suck,
> would've been the problem to say "registered before 1.50 release = high
> update fee" while "registered before 1.60 release = moderate upgrade fee"
> and "registered after 1.60 release = lower upgrade fee?

Cost, I should imagine.  TB is not a high cost product, and the costs
of providing an upgrade procedure based on this, which would probably
require considerable manual checking, would probably wipe out the
profit.  As I noted before, although the current upgrade policy may
not be fair to recent purchasers, it does have the benefit of being
cheap to operate, and therefore helps to keep the costs of the product
down.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1