On Sunday, September 7, 2003, 7:37:19 AM, you wrote:

> Sunday, September 7, 2003, 9:27:21 AM, you wrote:

>>> Full price instead of 50% discount?

A>> Its a "buy or die" update policy. Wonderful customer service, isn't it!

> It's  no different to the way Microsoft, Lotus and many other software
> companies  work.  Eventually  a new major version is released and work
> stops  on  previous versions. Once the code base becomes too separated
> there's  no  point  in  continuing both. The Linux 2.0 kernel has bugs
> that no-one is going to fix because major versions have been released.
> Also  it's  not  really  a  buy or die policy as 1.6x is an incredibly
> powerful  mail  client  which most people could continue using. If you
> want  the  features of V2 then you'll need to upgrade. When I think of
> how  many  versions of Windows I've got through when many of them were
> just  glorified  service  packs  Win95  to  Win95SE, Win98 to Win98Se,
> Win98SE  to  WinMe. None of those upgrades were more than bugfixes yet
> we were expected to pay for them.

> I  used TB! for 4 years upgrading everytime a new version was released
> and was never asked to pay a penny more than my original payment. Also
> considering how powerful TB! and the cost of most software nowadays Iw
> as thrilled to only be charged £20.

> If  version2  is upgraded like V1 was I'll be a happy bunny for many a
> year to come.

I thought my question on the upgrade price would have been simple. I
have no problems upgrading to The Bat! v2, I was just wondering if the
upgrade price would be higher after 10/31/2003. If so and with my
current financial crunch, I would probably buy the v2 now rather than
later and actually upgrade to v2 when most of the problem have been
worked out. Normally cost would not be a factor in upgrading to The Bat!
v2 as it is a great e-mail program.  Currently I am using The Bat! 1.62r
and its fairly stable with minimal problems.

If the current upgrade price of $17.50 goes to, for example, $25.00
(Personal/Private) while the full The Bat! v2 Personal/Private cost is
$35.00, I would probably pay the $17.50 now rather than $25.00 later.

I also have upgraded throughout the Microsoft Windows versions (95 up to
XP) including the DOS versions (1.0 through 6.22).  Microsoft always had
an upgrade price and full price set on all of their Windows versions.

--
Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600 Service Pack 1