Hallo Gerrit,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:17:37 +0200GMT (1-10-03, 22:17 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

RO>> %SetHeader("X-Folder-ID","%FolderName")%-

GK> This sounds like a trick I'd like to use, but unfortunately I don't
GK> understand it. I know I can create templates at account level, and
GK> that all folders will default to these templates, unless at folder
GK> level I create a specific template.

GK> Where and how should I use the  %FolderName macro?

Samson wanted to filter his message back to the folder where they were
created. To do that, you need to identify to the folder. That's done
with the macro I suggested. You place the macro on a single line,
doesn't matter where in your templates. (New message, Reply, Forward)

Now you need to filter the messages back to their originating folder
after sending. (Or to a related folder.)
For a message from the Inbox, you need this string:
to be present in the kludges, it needs to be an outgoing filter, since
it's going to process outgoing messages.

Create a likewise filter for every folder you'd like the outgoing
messages to be processed different from the default.

Of course you don't need to use an extra header to place the
foldername, but a header makes it less visible for the recipient.
There's no need to bother your contacts with your archiving system.

Since most e-mail clients are able to show the headers, you'll need a
little bit of prudence when naming your folders. It wouldn't do to
have a header like: 'X-Folder-ID: Mindless twits' ;-)
But, I suppose, you wouldn't care in this case. <eg>

--
Groetjes, Roelof