Hello Roelof,

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:57:15 +0100 GMT (15/12/2003, 23:57 +0700 GMT),
Roelof Otten wrote:

> What happens here is that TB sends the message. However due to your
> settings it's delivering it's message to Norton's AV proxy.

That's the setting in my office as well.

> So when TB sends a message, it doesn't send it to your ISP's smtp
> server, but it sends the message to a local smtp service on your pc.
> That's a high speed connection. ;-) So TB thinks the message has been
> delivered. Keep in mind that because of this you can't use the setting
> that TB ends the connection when it has delivered the message.

Yeah, but while Norton may be connecting to the in-house SMTP server
for company mail and thus send it later, private mail using the GMX
server still gets delivered. I know that because I send a BCC copy to
myself, which I pick up later. And I do get replies from the intedned
recipients, too.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

gehen. (Friedrich Zywitza)

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.02.3 CE
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM