On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 8:12:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in
the message "cut-line RFC and client support"
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Type my first name after the cutline? What does that mean?

Often e-mail signatures, like the signatures on paper letters, contain
some information about the sender. For example, my signature contains
my name; a gentle reminder to quote my message when you reply; a
"cookie," a short, somewhat funny statement; and, when I am replying to this list, my
The Bat! and
Windows versions.

The simplest signature just contains a name and signatures come after
the cutline, so, a simple signature would be structured like this:
---
Johnny Quest

A more complicated signature might look like this:
---
Johnny Quest <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
1 Quest Drive
Bangor, Maine 04401
(207) 947-7378

And a lawyer's signature looks, often, like this:
---
Lawrence Seymore, Attorney at Law
Seymore & Seymore, LLP
521 Main Street
Bangor, Maine 04401
(207) 947-5297

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY
TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE
LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF
THIS MESSAGE, OR THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THIS
MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR,
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE OR RETURN E-MAIL

NB: I malformed the above cutlines on purpose. Real cutlines are "--,"

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Using The Bat! v2.02.3 CE on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1