On Wednesday, February 25, 2004, 10:56 AM, you wrote:

rg> HEY! That's GREAT! You've volunteered to write informix queries for my
rg> email searches then!!

been 10 years since I've written any Informix reports, I like to keep
things simple these days, although using TB is making my life complex
again:)

rg> Seriously, 2 words does not a complex search make. If I need to
rg> *RELIABLY* find the email where I invited JANIS to the DANCE (only
rg> want emails where BOTH those words exist):

personally, I'd probably do the search differently. Either just on
JANIS, or use the FROM:, put my name in, then use JANIS as the search.

rg> 1) how should I enter the search strings? Is example 1 or 2 above
rg> correct? They report different matches!

my test showed 17 return emails on one method, 18 on the other, so they
were probably the same for 90+% of the search.

rg> 2) Is it different from version to version?

I can't answer that, did you check the beta archives for SEARCH?

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600