Hi Paul

On 25 Feb 2004 16:17:06  (my local time 22:17:06), Paul Cartwright
wrote:

PC> 18 messages using chicken&soup
PC> 17 using chicken & soup.

PC> here is the extra message using chicken&soup,verbatim, I have no idea
PC> what the difference is. The other 17 emails were the same for both
PC> searches:

I ran some tests here & I came up with this:
* searching for 'chicken&soup' will search for messages that will have
  both 'chicken' and 'soup' in it
* searching for 'chicken & soup' will search for messages that will
  have both 'chicken ' and ' soup' in it

Notice the extra space behind chicken and in front of soup in the
second search pattern!

This behaviour may be very confusing if you don't know about it, and
even if you do know you'll still have to keep it in mind.
It certainly can make the syntax for a search look quite illogical
when you're used to google's syntax.

Maybe it's time for a
"google-like search syntax option"-feature-request?

Imho that would make searching more logical for a lot of users...
(but then again, I don't search that often in TB)

--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel

 running TheBat! 2.04.7 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

There are only two types of computers - experimental and obsolete