> Hello Jack,

> Monday, March 8, 2004, 11:11:54 AM, you wrote:
Jack>> 1. Does this mean that tbudl will now become an official Usenet
Jack>> *newsgroup?

> On Gmane's servers, yes.

Check.

Jack>> 2. Can one subscribe to it as one would normally subscribe to
Jack>> any other Usenet newsgroup?

> Not in the newsgroup "subscribe" sense. You have to be a subscriber to
> the lists (nomail option if you'd like so you don't receive mail).

Gmane generates e-mail, too?

For example, if I stay subscribed to this tbudl mail list,
and don't select the nomail option at the time I subscribe to the mirror at
Gmane, I'll end up getting 2 copies of each message posted?

One from Gmane, and one from *this* mail list?

[]
Jack>> *Provided one's news service chooses to carry this new
Jack>> newsgroup.

> Right now, this functionality is only available through the GMane news
> servers. You have to connect to those to read the messages. They are
> planning to eventually pump these feeds into mainstream usenet.

Check.

Thanks for the info, Leif!

Jack

Using The Bat! 2.04.7 on Windows 5.1 (2600) Service Pack 1