Jack Morrison, [JM] wrote:

JM> I'm a little confused about what archive means here.  Will posts made
JM> to tbudl be mirrored over to this new newsgroup as they occur?  Or in
JM> some kind of weekly/daily digest?

Why not visit www.gmane.org and look at a couple of the newsgroups via
the web interface. All messages to the list will be archived there
individually. A copy of each message will be sent there as well as to
each member as usual.

E-mail addresses in the message bodies will by obfuscated via the web
interface as it's done on Yahoogroups. Messages downloadable via NNTP
will have all e-mail addresses within the message body and text
encrypted.

You'll need a regular list subscription for posting to the list since
the newsgroup isn't really separate and we'll be barring posting to the
newserver directly.

JM> Once subscribed to the newsgroup via Gmane, if I understand things
JM> correctly so far, I can READ messages there, but I can't POST any
JM> there?

JM> That is, if I actually wanted to make a post to tbudl, I'd still
JM> have to do it via the tbudl mail list?

Yes.

JM> So...I have to use news.gmane.org.  Okay.

You don't. List traffic will still reach your inbox unless you set
your subscription to NOMAIL.

--
-= Allie Martin =- | List Moderator
 PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com