Hello Jack,

Jack> Gmane generates e-mail, too?

No... <grin> Gmane has the ability to allow someone to post to the
list via posting to the newsgroup. However, we are not doing this as
it will allow bad stuff to possibly happen (spam etc.) However, many
newsgroup readers can send e-mail (Agent), so you can reply to a
newsgroup post on Gmane and have it sent to the list address, and
provided your From address is set to that which you have subscribed to
the TB list, your message will post to the list and in doing so get
posted to Gmane.

If you only wanted to view the TB stuff through the newsgroup, you
could set your TB list options to NoMail so you'll be subscribed with
posting privileges, but you won't receive mail from the lists like you
do now.

Jack> Thanks for the info, Leif!

np. That's why we decided to post the Wednesday deadline (crossposted
to all lists) so we could get all the fears allayed and questions
answered, and the how-to on the X-No-Archive header.

--
Leif (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 2.04.4 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 4 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB