Hello Adam,

Sunday, May 16, 2004, 7:20:02 PM, Adam wrote:

A> I didn't see a reference about running The Bat! in your batch file. So
A> I am not sure if I follow so well now. Maybe you can explain.

I added it after you mentioned it to try your suggestion.

A> I did note you set the path in your batch file. So in that case, if
A> you ran it. And you were at the command line, adding only this in a batch
A> file:
A>   thebat.exe
A>   notepad.exe

I am not running notepad. I'm running 7-Zip command line interface.

A> And running it at the command line, should leave The Bat! application
A> running, the Command Prompt window still running, and it will await
A> you until The Bat! closes.

My tests were in sharp contrast to this last statement. 7-Zip continued
to run the backup from the command line WHILE TB was open, and did NOT
wait until TB closed.

A> Maybe the intention was a bit different as you were interpreting in
A> running the 100 line program you posted.

My intention was to run 7-Zip command line (i.e. backup TB) after TB
exit. It simply didn't work like you suggested because 7-Zip ran while
TB was still open.

--
Best Regards,
Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v2.11 Beta/5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

The only sure things in life are death and taxes.