Jim Kling @ 2004-Aug-24 3:16:36 PM
"external links" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hmm...well, the first problem is I'm not that technical, so .NET Framework went way
> over my head.
Well, I'm a programmer (just look at my bug reports). The .NET
Framework is a 25 MB download that lets you run certain newer
programs. Developers like it because it makes it very easy to create
applications. IT managers like it because it lets them control what
application can and cannot do on the computers they manage (For
example, a manager can specify that application xyz CANNOT access the
hard drive). For end users, it provides more stable application
faster.

All of the above it "in theory." Any technology can be abused.
However, I have seen a lot of good come out of the .NET Framework. I
suggest that the next time you visit WindowsUpdate.com, you download
the .NET Framework.

NB: You might already have it.

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Would a fly without wings be called a walk?