Hi Jim,

Wednesday, August 25, 2004, 2:39:59 AM, you wrote:

JK> So I think what I'll do is open links in Netscape and set my taskbar
JK> to group windows by program (so the Netscape windows will at least
JK> be manageable). If that takes up too much memory and causes a
JK> problem, I'll open each link and then shut the window down and use
JK> history to track down the articles one by one.

JK> Not exactly an elegant solution, but it'll work.

  Since you are now open to alternate solutions, this problem could
  provide a good occasion for you to learn about SmartBat.

  Instead of the plan you've described above, you could copy the link
  from the message or article and paste it into SmartBat. Then when you
  are ready to review the articles, just reopen SmartBat (F6) and click
  on the link. That avoids the potential memory drain on your system and
  gives you the ability to walk through the accumulated links when you
  are ready.

  I've set a system wide hot key (Ctrl-Shift-F12) that opens SmartBat,
  no matter whether I am working in The Bat! at the time or not.

  Another potential benefit of using SmartBat is that you can set up
  another "Pad" (as they are called, really just a text file) for clips
  from the articles you are reviewing, should you wish to use quotes
  from those articles in your work.

  In any event, I hope you find a solution that works for you.

--
Regards,
 Perry