Hello MAU!

On Thursday, September 02, 2004, 12:21 PM, you wrote:

MB>> Let me offer you and Miguel both a :batbeer: ?

M> I appreciate the beer, but please don't force me to make comments about
M> smileys ;-)

Not needed. I understand and respect the point of view of those who
wish they'd never been born. I think we both know that not everyone
needs any particular feature of The Bat! and that's one of the great
beauties of the program.

The "chat" feature can be disabled. It *is* on my system. So can the
"Smiley" box be unchecked and Plain Text View selected.

Up to now I haven't used any Virtual Folders.

Sorry the New Filter System has been such a pain for you, Miguel. I
use so few--just some Address Book simple templates--that it's not
interfering with me, so far.

And I do agree with you that v. 3.0 is a beta (to quote Shakespeare,
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"--or not, as the case
may be. <g> ).

It's marketing. The company has to live, financially. I'm happy to
support them, and so far they have given very fine support to me.

If v. 4.0 does turn up in September, 2005, I won't turn it down. The
Bat! is, as I've often said, the best e-mail client for my needs that
I've ever seen.

And the community of those who use it is composed of absolutely the
finest and most intelligent people in the world, in my estimation.
Including yourself, Miguel.

Be well.

Mary
The Bat! 3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2