Hello Alexander!

On Thursday, September 02, 2004, 1:07 PM, you wrote:

MAU>> I appreciate the beer, but please don't force me to make
MAU>> comments about smileys ;-)

ASK> I heard that characters like ":" and "-" and ")" (and their
ASK> relatives) actually do like the freedom of imagination they leave
ASK> on the user side, rather than being pressed into a graphical
ASK> image. Stop the suffering!

I had just finished writing this message to you, when my server went
down and stayed down for several hours. At first I thought--well, it's
lost it's timeliness. Then I decided it was worth continuing the
thread a little longer in order to assure you that I'm friendly and
harmless--or, mostly harmless.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I just wanted to tease my
old friend Miguel a bit with that :batbeer: . I do try to respect the
sensibilities of my fellow posters who are in PTV and don't want the
text they're reading to look as if it's just caught the measles.

I'm an ex-plain-text-person, *myself*. I hate HTML in e-mail, also. Of
course, the images called by these little handles are already on my
machine and use no extra bandwith, beyond the colons. They have
nothing to do with HTML.

Then, there's h2g2 , which Leif made for me. It's the entire galaxy,
hitchhiker version. :)   Uses no punctuation marks whatsoever.

If you ever get over to tbot, you'll see that I'm a Tribble abuser as
well as a slave-driver of colons, parentheses, and such. (Speaking of
tag-lines.)

All the best to you. Give to your local Animal Shelter society (mine's
the Nashville Humane Association) and subscribe to the *National
Geographic* too, when you have the time.   :42:

Mary
The Bat! 3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2