Hello Tom,

On 08 September 2005, 06:49 you wrote:

> 3) My domain provider recently started offering POP and SMTP over SSL.
>    I'd love to use it.  Unfortunately for me, I need to access it with
>    pop.fancy.org, and the host's certificate says their domain name.
>    The Bat! subsequently refuses to connect.  Is there a way I can
>    tell The Bat!, "yeah, I know it's the wrong hostname in the cert,
>    but allow it anyway?"  I tried connecting to the hostname in the
>    cert, but as I guessed previously to trying, it refused me.  I have
>    been using SSH and tunnelling over that, but I'd like to get rid of
>    that extra step if possible.

Yes, this is possible. You need to copy the certificate into your
Address Book trusted CA section.

--
As ever,
  .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"How narrow is the line which separates an adventure from an ordeal."
HAROLD NICHOLSON
IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.60.05 Forerunner (Beta)
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)