On 26/3/2006 at 4:57:10 AM [GMT -0500], Stephane Bouvard [Ml] wrote:

> I still do not see the compatibility problem : is there some systems
> unable to read correctly messages without hardwrapping ?  That
> question remain open for me : is there a compatibility problem with
> mails using no hardwrapping ?  Is someone unable to read this mail
> because their reader cannot wrap itself ?

Consider a widescreen format display ... 17". The user decides on a full
height account tree layout for TB!. The user also wishes to make use of
his screen and show the message list nicely with a few informative
columns not all crunched up and chopped off. After-all, he has the
screen real estate for it. The preview window is below the message list
pane, nice and wide as the message list. At the users font size, text in
the preview pane, window wraps at 160 characters. Not very comfortable
to read, now is it? So though the wrapping occurs, it's still a problem.

So I leave you and that user to argue/discuss about the virtues of
hard-wrapping e-mail text. :) This may not be resolved on an individual
basis and I like your wish to be able to choose editor via a template
macro. However, it's not there ... not yet. :)

--
  -= Curtis =-
The Bat!™ v3.72.04 (Beta) / http://specs.aimlink.name