Hi MFPA,

Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 7:55:59 AM, you wrote:

>> it occurs to me that it might be desirable to have the option to make
>> "create common filter" a "sticky" selection

M> Sounds reasonable, although I don't think I've ever created a filter
M> that way.

  Chris W. said something similar. I suppose you both go to the Sorting
  Office and select the Common Filters from the account dropdown list
  and type in the conditions on which to filter and the actions to take.
  That strategy is, to me, analogous to writing a macro from scratch
  rather just turning on a macro recorder and then performing the
  actions you want it to take. Both work and neither is "wrong," of
  course. They just reflect different paths to the same destination.

>> Also, I think it would be helpful if The Bat! would prompt me
>> when I save a common filter to specify which accounts I want it
>> applied to

M> Yes that would be very helpful to me, too. I make extensive use of
M> common filters and have lost count of the times I created a new
M> filter but did not apply it to any accounts.

  This second portion of my wish seems to elicit more support than the
  first part, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

  Thanks for contributing your thoughts.

--
Regards,
 Perry

Using The Bat! v3.86.03 ALPHA (beta) on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 2