Hello Dwight,

DAC> There is no reason why one cannot collect one's mail on both the
DAC> laptop and the desktop. Saves lots of trouble. Just need to bcc
DAC> yourself.

DAC> Better yet, switch to IMAP and leave POP behind. You'll be glad you
DAC> did.

I don't use IMAP--at least not yet.  If I understand it correctly,
with IMAP, I would leave all of my mail on my ISP's server, and both the
desktop and laptop could simultaneously access the mail.  However,
it seems to me that this would be constrained by how much space I am
permitted to have on the ISP's mail server. My mail folder occupies
about 635 MB of space. I also don't like the idea of leaving personal
mail on an outside server.

After reading all of the posts on this subject, It seems to me that I
could do the following: download mail to either the laptop or the
desktop, but then use the synchronization feature of The Bat to make
sure that both machines have the same mail on their hard drives.
Would this also work to automatically copy to the laptop all of the
mail on the desktop, the first time I invoke synchronization on the
laptop?

Thanks,

Avram Sacks