Hello Doug,

Sunday, March 30, 2008, 3:31:59 PM, you wrote:

DH> Hello Achdut18,

DH> Sunday, March 30, 2008, 7:25:17 AM, you wrote:

A>> After reading all of the posts on this subject, It seems to me that I
A>> could do the following: download mail to either the laptop or the
A>> desktop, but then use the synchronization feature of The Bat to make
A>> sure that both machines have the same mail on their hard drives.
A>> Would this also work to automatically copy to the laptop all of the
A>> mail on the desktop, the first time I invoke synchronization on the
A>> laptop?

DH> Synchronisation is a three step process and so you don't want to be doing
this on a
DH> daily basis.

Is it really that involved?

DH> The solution I have used for a long time was to use TheBat Voyager on a
memory stick.
DH>  I could carry it with me between work and home.

But, I don't want to carry it with me so much, as I want to use it at home, in
two different offices, on two different computers (the "main" or desktop
computer and the second or laptop computer

DH>  I've stopped using Voyager for now until version 4 is released.

It is released because I just installed it!

DH>  Then I will probably
DH>  continue with Voyager after I get the tiniest USB device I can find.
Since I have a
DH>  small laptop, I don't want something big sticking out the side of it.  But
Voyager
DH>  is by far the best way to keep email with you no matter what machine
you're on.

But, I don't see that working for me so much if I already have two computers
linked together on a network.

--

Avram Sacks
Using (finally!) The Bat 4.0.1.8 on Windows XP Pro SP2