Hello Paul,

------------------------------ snip ---------------------------------

------------------------------ snip ---------------------------------

PB> While you await an expert reply, I do manual backups using:

PB> Tools

PB> Backup

PB> Browse for file etc.

PB> Select all accounts

PB> OK

DOH!

Thanks Paul. I have been using TB! trouble free for so many years I'd
forgotten to even look for a problem solution in the menus. I think
I'm reaching the point in life where I can hide my own Easter eggs.

The steps you suggest should of course produce a backup with a filename
created by me. However, the *default* auto-backup filename shown in:

OPTIONS
PREFERENCES
SYSTEM
AUTO BACKUP

seems to contain macro commands which should produce a backup filename
containing the current date/time. As you'll see in a subsequent reply
from Roelof, he suggests manually starting the auto-backup by changing
the start time of the auto-backup to a close point in the future.
Perhaps a minute or two - something I'll try shortly.

--
Anyway, thanks for the geezer help.

Best regards,
 Jack                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now running TB! v3.99.3 from
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 3