Hello Maggie,

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:03:01 -0400 GMT (28/08/2008, 00:03 +0700 GMT),
Maggie Meister wrote:

MM>>> <remembering> The world is coming to an end - flush all buffers!

MM>>> This appeared on a Unix system at 5:01 PM, just before the shaking
MM>>> started at the 1989 San Francisco quake at 5:02. :-D

TF>> Rather than laughing, this just caused goosebumps over here. I hope
TF>> this is an urban legend!

MM> No, no legend. <insert Twilight Zone theme> It was my partner's
MM> client, a cartage and warehousing company - when the sysadmin started
MM> the backup at close of business, that is the message which popped up.
MM> Caused some interesting reactions and gives new meaning to cookidence.

Gee... goosebumps. Is this reported on the web somewhere?

Another question: Are you subscribed to TBOT? I smell a fish...

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"The tides are a fight between the Earth and moon.  All water tends
towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature
abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight."

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.28.4