On 14 August 2009, 18:25, tracer wrote:

> I used a v1 I think 10 years ago...
> Are you sure you don't like to have a more up to date version???
> To  be  honest  I  used  v1   and  then  v2 and then v3 and now v4 and if you
> ask  me if it
> improved a lot I cannot remember what v1 did or didn't...
~~~

I'm using v1 because it does what I need and I'm a great believer in
the axiom that if it isn't broke there's no need to fix it. I have
three licences and can't justify paying almost $100 to upgrade to v4.
Also, AIUI, later versions of TB aren't as strict as v1 about not
retrieving external images etc. Further, I have a lot of sorting
office filters and custom templates that I consider essential and that
I don't want to risk compromising by upgrading.

I know that v1 won't work with Vista - but that's OK because I don't
use my one Vista machine for email. Sooner or later I know that I'll
have to change my operating system - but I'm more likely to switch to
Linux than to Vista or Windows 7, and Thunderbird is thus more likely
than TB v4 to replace TB v1!

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK