On Tuesday, August 18, 2009, at 9:27:15 AM, Jens Franik wrote:

> And with which System do you access to the Virtual Machine?
> There is no Operating System running and no User logged in?

The host system is running with no users logged in; it's sitting at the
login screen. The VM, of course, is running with my single user logged in,
and TB! running as is normal. So there are two operating systems running:
the host is sitting at its login screen but VMWare Server is running as a
daemon in background, while the VM is running XP with my user logged in.

The difference you cite between server and workstation implementation may
explain why I have no problem with VMWare Server; I've not attempted to use
VMWare's Workstation package. Virtualbox may well be simply a workstation
implementation. That difference is good to have pointed out!

--
Jim Kyle

Using The Bat! v4.0.34 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 3 on VMWare Server 2 under Xubuntu 8.04.3
with AntiSpamSniper Version 3.0.1.2