Hi Thomas,

> The exciting new stuff this time are the new defaults for TEXMFCONFIG
> / TEXMFVAR which are in the users's home directories. So, the tools
> texconfig, fmtutil and updmap can be used by all users in a multi-user
> setup. For changing the global defaults, -sys variants of the above
> commands have been created (texconfig-sys, fmtutil-sys, updmap-sys).

I like this feature, but what about calling -sys variants if the main
tree is writeable by the current user?

> As usual: please, send me feedback, even if it all just works :-)

2.99.11 compiled without a problem on my Solaris 9 Ultra 60 (Sun C 5.5).
Same result on our V20z with Solaris Express (Sun C 5.5).

Some quick tests with texconfig and several tex files didn't show any
problem.

> If you have time to read the documentation (yes, I have updated parts of
> INSTALL,

Please add

  - Sparc/Solaris 9, Sun C 5.5, GNU flex 2.5.4, GNU bison 1.875, GNU make 3.80
  - x86/Solaris 10, Sun C 5.5, GNU flex 2.5.4, GNU bison 1.875, GNU make 3.80

in appendix A :-)

Willi