Ralf Stubner said the following at 05/27/2006 05:59 AM :
> Robin Fairbairns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> however, the fact that you get failures with ugmr8a seems to imply
>> that you've not installed the .tfm/.vf files from ugm.zip,
> [...]
>
> I wondered about that, too. However, ugmr8a does not work on my system
> either, and I am sure that I have installed it correctly.

Right, me too. I did (honestly!) follow the instructions and did install
ugm.zip and did do the texhash & updmap stuff.

>> btw, best to ask questions like this on the texhax mailing list (see
>> www.tug.org for sign-up to that list) or on the newsgroup
>> comp.text.tex (available via google groups if you don't have a news
>> server to hand).

I will try at texhax to see if anyone there has a suggestion for how to
make this work. There must be some way to get a good Garamond; I thought
that using URW No.8 was going to be the easiest since they had such nice
instructions, but maybe I was wrong.

  Doc