On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:08:09 -0700, Don Simons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Since one of the changes fixes a bug in line-spacing equalization, let me
>take the opportunity to put in a plug for this feature, even though it's
>been around for a while. It always bothered me when MusiXTeX made the
>vertical distance between systems look unequal, just because there was one
>thing that stuck way up or down in one system, even if there would have been
>enough space for it when the systems themselves were equally spaced. So a
>while ago with some help from the TeXperts I kluged together some macros
>that force there to be an equal distance from the top line of one system to
>the top line of the next.

This is something that's frequently bothered me too. Quite some time
ago I posted about this same issue, and someone very kindly answered
with a series of macros to insert "struts" in every line to force
equal spacing. They do the job all right, but at the cost of much
tweaking as one needs to insert them manually on every line.

Don, is it possible to use your macros with plain MusixTeX as well?

Eva

Downloadable guitar edition of J.S. Bach, Lute Suite BWV 995:
http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/scores/bach/bwv995/bwv995cg.pdf
--
"Your concert-goer, though he feed upon symphony as a lamb
upon milk, is no true lover if he play no instrument.