I want to participate in the grief in the passing away of Daniël Taupin.

I almost met Daniël at the TUG days in Holland, a few years ago. At last moment i was
prevented, but
a colleague has met him there and reported me all details.

My first mail to Daniël was propably 10 years ago. I tought i found an error in
musixtex.tex. I was
afraid to mentioned it and asked him how to solve a problem i had. I am sure everyone
knows his
answer: "read the manual", what i did and it was all there. Anyway it helped me to
understand
musixtex.
It happens i posed a problem and a few hours later i saw appear a new version of
musixtex with the
adaptions. It was so fast, i doubted if it was a reaction on may mail or if it was a
coincidence he
just did an update.

Daniël Taupin is one of the unbelievable smart minds in making a music typing programm
dat handles
all exceptions. Even Donald E. Knuth honored him with a link to musixtex.

Andre Van Ryckeghem