Excellent catch!

Now that Jean-Pierre has identified the problem, I've confirmed that another
solution would be to use \nq for the last note head at each position (it's
like \zq but with a space like \qu or \ql) :

======================================
\begin{music}
\instrumentnumber{1}
\setstaffs1{2}
\setclef{1}{\bass}
\startextract
\Notes\zw{CG}\zq{JN}\nq Q\nextstaff\roff{\zq{dg}}\zq{egi}\nq k\en
\endextract
\end{music}

BTW all those \nextstaff could be replaced with |

--Don Simons