Olivier wrote

>M-Tx manual says at p. A-7:
>
>"M-Tx 0.60 is not aware of movement breaks and the possibility to change
the number of
>voices."
>
>It means that you can't do it with M-Tx, but it can easily be done with
PMX. Read section 2.3.11 of the PMX manual.

And I wrote
> if there were no lyrics, PMX could do it easily. With lyrics, I'm sure it
can be done,
> using "in-line PMX" within the M-Tx source. But it's tricky.

I've gone back and reminded myself what I did in my Pradas edition, which
switches back and forth between BC+Soprano and BC+Soprano+Violin+Violin. It
turns out it was beyond tricky.

This was all done with one staff per instrument and one voice per staff, so
it was flipping back and forth between 2 staves and four. I could not do it
entirely from within M-Tx, because I couldn't figure out how to make M-Tx
realize the number of staves had changed. Here's what I did:

1. In M-Tx, (a) input all 4-staff sections normally
(b) To go from 4 to 2, use e.g. %%L7Mn212bt
(c) input all 2-staff sections as 4 staves with rp for the top two  and then
the desired input for Soprano and BC in the 3rd and 4th.
(d) To switch back from 2 to 4, use e.g. %%L10P3Mn41234bttt

2. Run prepmx. Now I could process this pmx all the way, but the resulting
score will have an unwanted bar of rests every other bar in the 2-staff
movements. So instead,

3. (and here's where it gets really ugly) use a special FORTRAN program I
wrote to go through the prepmx output file, looking for and deleting every
occurrence of

rp |
rp |

4. Process the resulting modified .pmx normally.

So Hermann, if you want to pursue this path, and if you do FORTRAN, I'd be
happy to send you my source and you could modify it to suit your needs. Or
maybe write your own script to do this using whatever language you like. Or
maybe delete the extra rp's by hand with a text editor. Otherwise (so far)
sorry, but you're on your own.

--Don