Hi Terry,

could you show me the TeX source?

Stanislav.

Terrence Enger wrote:
Greetings,

I am somewhat confused, and I wonder whether I am misunderstanding
something or whether I have found a bug.

In the appended pmx source and attached resulting pdf, the second
way of coding the two chords gives the result I expected (well, I
exaggerate the offset of the tie from the C just to make it obvious),
but I expected the first way to give the same result.  Hunh?  (I
trust that you are really impressed by my eloquence<grin />.)

For the terminally curious, I attach an image of the part of the
manuscript which led me into this situation.

Thank you for your help,
Terry.

======================== source code ========================
% -------------------------------------------------
%
% looking at adjusting the starting point of a tie
%
% -------------------------------------------------
%
% nstaves,noinst,mtrnuml,mtrdenl,mtrnump,mtrdenp,xmtrnum0,isig,
      1       1      2       4        0      0        0       -3
%
% npages,nsyst,musicsize,fracindent
     0      1     20        0.0

./
Abep
% use postscript type K slurs, ties, and hairpins
Ap

% === m. 040, first way
         (3u b44u  {4  ze- {5u+0+3 zc (6  zb  an+u )3 ze }4 zc }5 zan )6 /

% === m. 040, second way
         (3u b44u  {4u ze- {5d+0+3 zc (6 zb  an+u )3 ze }4 zc }5 zan )6 /