Dear all,

it took a bit more time than I had expected, but now XML2PMX, a converter (on MS Windows)
from Recordare Inc "MusicXML"  to "PMX" is ready for testing.

MusicXML is an extremely powerful description language for musical notes.
And my objective obviously could not have been a complete implementation.
The following features have been included:

 * maximum  of 12 staves and 500 measures (easy to extend)
 * two voices per staff
 * maximum of two staves per instrument (easy to extend)
 * notes and rests up to 64th, including tuplets and grace notes,
 * maximum of 2 dots
 * chords, accidentals
 * some annotations like Fermata, staccato etc.
 * ties, slurs and beams
 * definition of meter, fifths, clefs and their changes on the fly
 * some dynamic marks: hair pins, "ff" etc, piano pedal
 * titles (Tc, Tt), and texts implemented with "h" or D"text"
 * barlines, repeats, volta
 * instrument names
 * copyright of XML file provider

These features may not function to a 100 % in all situations,
but once you have a PMX file with all of the notes, the bulk work has been done.
And it is easy, to improve the result on the PMX side.

@Bob Tennent: Could you give me some advice concerning, how to distribute the EXE-file,
and also which licencing and limited liability clauses I should apply?

What about copyright of the samples (Recordare Inc. and others)?

Should I rather not republish sample files owned by other people or companies and only
link to the corresponding Websites?

I will be happy to receive your feedback.

Regards
Dieter