As per request from a caver unnamed, I'm posting this here too. You know,
just in case I haven't already royally pissed you off yet. But you know
what? Worth it.

The Texas Caver has just been sent off to the printer. This is the May
issue of the Texas Caver. Why is it almost August and the May issue is only
finally being printed? Why, it's because no Texas Cavers actually send in
trip reports to be published! We can't make a newsletter/magazine if
there's nothing to put in it.

I know LOTS of you have gone on a number of Texas caving trips in the past
couple of months. I know LOTS of you went on plenty of AMAZING TAG trips
this month. Why is no one sending in articles? Jill spends an exorbitant
amount of her personal volunteer time making the layout, editing, adding
photos, etc. All the things needed to make the Texas Caver a great
publication. We won one award at the Publication Salon at the NSS
Convention. ONE. How many did other organizations win? You know why?
Because they actually have stuff to publish!!!!

There's an article about Texas Caving in the most recent NSS News. Why? Why
isn't that article in the Texas Caver? Just because it goes in the national
magazine doesn't mean it can't also go in the local magazine. If you're
going to put one together for NSS, go ahead and copy Jill on your email!
(I've seen this a number of times, not just this month).

Bottom line is, if you want to see your Texas Caver magazine in the mail
anymore, you need to man up, be a part of the answer instead of the
problem, and start sending in your trip reports and photos. If you don't
want to publish something because you think you can't write, have someone
copyedit it for you first. I'll be happy to go through and fix spelling and
grammatical errors, as long as you SEND SOMETHING IN!!

TL;DR
Start sending articles and photos to the Texas Caver or I will camp on your
front doorstep until you write something down. I know who you are.

/end rant

--
*Go find out!*
-Heather Tuček