loving,

quit stealing grenades from Uvalde. make your own

BO

Sent from Windows Mail

From: texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎30‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎20‎ ‎PM
To: Heather Tucek, texascavers@texascavers.com

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Heather Tucek via Texascavers
<texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

As per request from a caver unnamed, I'm posting this here too. You know, just
in case I haven't already royally pissed you off yet. But you know what? Worth
it.

The Texas Caver has just been sent off to the printer. This is the May issue of
the Texas Caver. Why is it almost August and the May issue is only finally
being printed? Why, it's because no Texas Cavers actually send in trip reports
to be published! We can't make a newsletter/magazine if there's nothing to put
in it.

I know LOTS of you have gone on a number of Texas caving trips in the past
couple of months. I know LOTS of you went on plenty of AMAZING TAG trips this
month. Why is no one sending in articles? Jill spends an exorbitant amount of
her personal volunteer time making the layout, editing, adding photos, etc. All
the things needed to make the Texas Caver a great publication. We won one award
at the Publication Salon at the NSS Convention. ONE. How many did other
organizations win? You know why? Because they actually have stuff to publish!!!!

There's an article about Texas Caving in the most recent NSS News. Why? Why
isn't that article in the Texas Caver? Just because it goes in the national
magazine doesn't mean it can't also go in the local magazine. If you're going
to put one together for NSS, go ahead and copy Jill on your email! (I've seen
this a number of times, not just this month).

Bottom line is, if you want to see your Texas Caver magazine in the mail
anymore, you need to man up, be a part of the answer instead of the problem,
and start sending in your trip reports and photos. If you don't want to publish
something because you think you can't write, have someone copyedit it for you
first. I'll be happy to go through and fix spelling and grammatical errors, as
long as you SEND SOMETHING IN!!

TL;DR
Start sending articles and photos to the Texas Caver or I will camp on your
front doorstep until you write something down. I know who you are.

/end rant

--
Go find out!
-Heather Tuček