For the record - and I'm not mad at anyone; I think this is a good
discussion - the Texas caving news appearing in the latest issue of the NSS
News is in Buford Pruitt's "Underground Online" column. Buford's method -
as I understand it - is trolling the chatter on various blogs, email lists,
etc. across the nation and compiling the interesting bits in his column.
That is how a Colorado Bend trip report, a Government Canyon trip report,
and a report on the latest Deep Cave trip ended up in the NSS News. They
were not sent to the News as an article to be published but were instead
picked up by Buford off of this very email listserve. That's great. Cavers
across the nation and the world need to see that Texas cavers go caving and
do interesting things.

I know that occasionally the three people who wrote those reports for
Texascavers.com also compile the happenings in their respective projects in
a bit more of a readable and concise fashion with pictures and maps and
submit an article to the Texas Caver. That's also a great thing. If the
editors of the Texas Caver want to pull things of the email list and
publish it, more power to them. I'll continue to support the magazine and
the TSS and news about caving in Texas wherever it appears.