From: Andy Gluesenkamp <andrew_gluesenk...@yahoo.com>
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Mon, February 22, 2010 9:09:53 AM
Subject: [Texascavers] caves versus guns

Guns and caves don't mix.  I recall a cenTex caver who was coming out of a cave
when the landowner started shooting at a rattlesnake sitting on a ledge in the
same sinkhole.  They guy was blasting away at it with a 30/30 from a yard away,
apparently oblivious to the ricochets.
Some folks behave responsibly when they play with guns, many do not.  Gun play
is the polar opposite of the type of attention and consideration of cause and
effect often required in caving.  If you showed up for a caving trip with a
gun, I would consider you a reckless dumbass.

Andy

Andrew G. Gluesenkamp, Ph.D.
700 Billie Brooks Drive
Driftwood, Texas 78619